Friday, November 2, 2018

A Day in Greenville


Spent the day in Greenville, SC, 45 minutes south of us.  Bob went to a library sale and I went to the historic district and walked along the river.

First stop was Mast General for some birthday and Christmas gifts.


I have been to this town before and walked Main Street, but I have been wanting to come back so I could see the river and gardens and waterfall that I had heard about.

This waterfall in the middle of a city is an awesome thing for its residents.








Someone found a spot for reading.

Dogs welcome!



There are 17 miles of walking trails.  I only did a small section.


Old warehouses and cotton mills are being restored and turned into stores, restaurants and living spaces.



There were a lot of amateur photographers like me around, but this one got down to the bottom of the falls.

What used to be a highway overpass is now a walking bridge.







There will be another library sale in a couple of weeks and I plan on coming back with my zoom lens and a coffee from Spill the Beans which is at the top of the falls!



This is the CBS Sunday Morning piece on three towns making a comeback because of things like Greenville did with the falls.  Watch the video!

I did stop in at the library sale and found a few pretty vintage bindings for .50 to $1!


Overnight the leaves changed.  Hoping for a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend once we get our boathouse guests settled.  Photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment