Monday, November 12, 2018

First Frost

First the fog rolled in the night before . . . 



. . . then the temperature dropped and we had frost the next morning.




The church sale was last Friday, but Sarah let me have first dibs on Thursday.  Not much in the way of afghans, but I did find a few neat little items.





I saw this jeweled plastic light for $2.50, what the heck!  After researching it, it is a 1950s RV Camper/Patio light, which I will be using for Christmas.

I love this reversible, large, heavy hand-woven Mid-Century coverlet.  Now listed.
Another cat afghan, this one with hearts.

This afghan reminds me of an Amish quilt.

This light replaced the one in my bedroom.  Looks so much better than the clear glass one.


My rescue work this week is getting Alexander, an 8 year old chow mix from Maryland to North Carolina.  He lived in a cage in a yard for 8 years!

Well, the plumber just left, our water heater stopped working, but now we have hot water! Bob's birthday is Friday, and I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week.  We have renters every day starting Wednesday night Thanksgiving eve.  I wonder if anyone will cook a mini turkey in the mini boathouse oven?  


No comments:

Post a Comment