Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Church Sale, Part II

So Monday is half price day at the church sale.  It was a cold, rainy day, there was only an hour left, and I said, why not? I went in looking for two vintage tablecloths with stains that I did not want to pay much for, they were gone, but Sarah handed me a big bag of linens that had just been dropped off.

Two twin knitted lambswool Fleur de Lis afghans in very good condition, but they sure do need to be dry cleaned.

Because they were dirty, Sarah marked them at $3 apiece, so at half price they were $1.50 each.  WHAT??  Funny how people look at these old pieces.  I think dogs slept on these.

If used for a twin bed, they have seams to make side panels, but they could easily be sewn together to make a spread for a queen.





They have the same look as the angel afghan with a crosstitch look.

This afghan sold right away and is on its way to Montana.  A lady bought it for her daughter-in-law's birthday for $50!


I also found this large hooked rug for $1!  It's in great shape.



Have to wait until spring for the next sale, but Sarah is going to Portugal, that's where she is from, and they need help setting up.  I may just offer because workers get first dibs!

No comments:

Post a Comment