Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Reading Room Gets a Lamp

Brass has never been my favorite metal, I usually like the silver tones, but with the antique wallpaper in Bob's reading room, only brass will do.  I was lucky enough to stop in at the hospice store yesterday and found this antique floor lamp with a milkglass shade for only $15.

There is a dark corner on the other side of the room between two bookcases, and I needed a lamp that would direct the light upward just for effect, not for reading.  

An added bonus is three arms to put bulbs in, and I just so happened to have the Edison bulbs waiting to be used, purely decorative and in sync with the time period of this house.  The brasswork is really pretty.  I will need to buy some covers for the fittings.


Once I begin work on this room I will have photos of it in the space for which it is intended.  Right now all renovation efforts have been moved to My Tiny Farmhouse with only two months left to get a lot of things done before my guests arrive!  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment