Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Tatted, Crochet & Lace Handkerchiefs and Puppies!!

  Saturday we took a drive, Bob wanted to go to some bookstores in Spartanburg, I wanted to look for discounted bushes.  Good time of year to find azaleas for next to nothing and I have a big area to fill at the farmhouse.
 
       An auction was going on at one of the Habitat stores and they were cooking bbq outside, which lured Bob in.  Nothing much to write home about, but there was a ziplock bag with some handkerchiefs which I didn't even open because I'm not into buying those, and it's a good thing they are a thing of the past because the whole idea of using a handkerchief is gross! That's what tissues are for, and those can be flushed. 

   We were on our way out, Bob behind me, next thing I know he's back at the books, so to kill time I opened the ziplock to see what was inside.
       I have to admit they are very pretty, and a lot of work went into them, especially the ones with the tatted edges.
   Only one with old lace.

    The Southern Belle caught my eye, they are very popular.
    This one was very unusual, took me a bit to take it all in. A can-can dancer.
                  You can flip up her skirt and top and see her panties and bra, so risque!!
 
                      It wasn't until that night when I was looking at them again that I flipped it over and saw the naked can-can girl! I thought maybe someone had used a pen and drew it in, but I got a magnifying glass and those are definitely French knots and stitches. The things you can find!
                     So I did find azalea bushes marked down to $4 and planned on spending Sunday transplanting, but an emergency happened, two puppies in Georgia needed to get to adopters in NC and I had five hours of driving ahead of me.  Glad Bob went along and did the driving so I could manage (play) with the puppies on the trip.
                   Chow mixes living in an outdoor pen with no shelter, not soicialized, yet this little girl was sweet and a big kisser. She liked Bob.
                      This little girl was not as social, I named her Geisha since she looked just like my Geisha at that age.  I was really worried that they were going to be separated and go to different homes, they were clinging together most of the time.
                     Met Mike who was going to take them to Charlotte. Today he put Geisha on transport to her new home in Ct.  This little white girl went to a new home in CT.
                       I got updates that both were doing fantastic. I guess having a little girl and a little boy to carry them around made them feel safe.
                  So today I finally got to transplant and work in the yard.  Nice thing about being retired, every day is a gardening day!

No comments:

Post a Comment