Saturday, February 25, 2023

God, I Love This Tree!

    This tree never fails. I love it and all the others around town now all in bloom.  The first to bloom.  Wind took a few buds down and scattered lots of petals, but it is so thick with blooms they aren't missed.
 






                       New neighbors at the end of the road have one, too. They haven't moved in yet, they have been renovating for months, so haven't met them.
                 At the end of our dirt road and up at the main road, a line of pear trees are also in bloom and are just as beautiful.

     A wonderful surprise this morning.  This summer I started in another area cleaning out weed trees and vines and saw a tree that had some weeping branches. We have no other trees like that, was thinking it was maybe a weeping willow, but this morning . . . blooms!! It's a weeping cherry!  It's tall and spindly, but with the clearing I did and more to come, it should get the sun it needs to be another gorgeous spring flowering tree.  I get so excited when I discover new plants on this property!



    Another area I've worked hard on, even this week, is the area with baby's breath along the driveway. I'm sure for years this was cut back and never left to flourish, but each year it gets thicker and thicker. 
   Also this week I cleaned out the iris beds.  I read a lot on why my iris didn't produce lots of blooms and found that the rhizomes need a lot of sunlight each day. I was thinking the mulch was good for them, but it is not. They look so healthy, I'm really hoping they all flower this year. 
   The camellia was late this year, didn't bloom for Valentine's Day, but it is now in full bloom and looking as awesome as ever.
                                                  A sign at a bookstore today.
      Bluebirds have arrived, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment