Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Goodbye to a Favorite Aunt

    Today is the anniversary of my dad's passing, his sister, Annie Salicandro, passed yesterday, so close!  They came from a family of 13 children.  My dad spent his last year in a nursing home where his sister Annie would eventually end up.  She drove him crazy coming to his room and sitting and talking for hours when all he wanted to do was watch TV.  I'm sure it wasn't much different when they were younger.  She was my favorite aunt on my dad's side, maybe because everyone thought we looked so much alike and that I was her daughter. Maybe because she let me and Vicky go to Love Story when I spent the weekend when my mother wouldn't let me go to see that movie! Maybe it was because she loved cats like I did. She was very social, always having dinners at the holidays. They were the fun side of the family, kissers and huggers.  She made the best stuffed cabbages and would give out the recipe, but each time leaving out ingredients!  She always made me laugh! Until we meet again Aunt Annie. Go find dad and give 'em hell!
 
                                          I'm in a group called "Cousins" that Vicky set up so we can all keep up with what's going on in the family.  I sent this photo and everyone is enjoying it.  My Uncle Mike is missing, and there's one aunt in there I can't figure out who it is!  I can't imagine having all those kids! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment