Friday, November 12, 2021

Timber Wolf


 It's been two weeks and Timber has fit right in and Geisha loves him. She has been very happy, tail wagging and taking much more frequent and longer walks.  
Not only was a black tongue a prerequisite for being adopted, so were big paws!  I love big paws and this guy has them!

       First fire of the season last week, I think Timber's a fan.

  These two clicked right from the start.  Geisha never got this close to Kodiak Kakes.
     

                        
                                           

                             
               Timber likes to rearrange his furniture and do other things to it, he's not neutered.  I won't neuter him at his age.

                  Today I picked up this blind/deaf senior from my local shelter and drove him to an overnight foster. He will go to a home tomorrow in TN.  Stinkiest dog ever!!  This poor guy was just walking around with no clue where he was.  He will have a good home now.
    The girls at the shelter tried their best to clean him up, but he was so disoriented and upset, they didn't get far, even with peanut butter on a stick to entice him.
   In the car drinking goat's milk . . . what else?  They all love it!
      Storm is a senior that lived on a chain his whole life in Nebraska.  I was asked to help get him to a home in WA State and I said no.  I did not want to take on a dog out west not having the connections I have here on the east coast.  Girls tried to get it done, and within weeks contacted me begging for help, so I stepped in to help just a little, but got stuck doing the whole thing.  It has now been a month and he is still not where he needs to be because of one issue after another and weather. Snow is now falling out west making getting him to his new home in Arizona not an easy task, but I think this weekend he will be on the road!! FINALLY!!!
   One thing I did was set up a gofundme to pay for him to be neutered, chipped and get shots.  I wanted to only raise $250, but raised $460. Chow lovers are very generous. So with the extra funds he got groomed yesterday and the girls at the groomers said he was an absolute peach! Today he got neutered and is spending the night at the vet.  Tomorrow I have a person picking him up and she will begin driving him from Lincoln, NE to Denver, CO, where I have a person waiting to keep him for the week.  I have another girl in Denver driving to Grand Junction, CO and his adopter is driving from Arizona to Grand Junction to pick him up. All in all it is 16 hours or more of driving.  And this is why I do not take on chows needing help out west!  Have to say though, he looks pretty happy.
So Geisha says Timber is a keeper!  Hopefully they have a few happy, healthy years together, although I just got the meds in the mail for his infected ear and he does have heartworms, so he will be getting meds for that for a year and then will be tested.  Ear may never go up, but it's kind of a cute touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment