Wednesday, November 17, 2021

BOB TURNS 65

    I can't believe he is 65! Where did the years go?  A couple presents to open wrapped in stacked wood wrapping paper.
 
    Spent the afternoon cooking his requested birthday meal.  From Eddie Hernandez's cookbook from one of our favorite restaurants Taqueria del Sol.  This is melted cabbage with carrots.  Looks healthy, doesn't it?

   Until you put on the stick of butter, half cup of sugar and salt.  This steams for quite a while till the cabbage is soft and melts in your mouth.
   Then, to make it even more unhealthy, Creamy Lemon-Black Pepper Dressing and Mint-Jalapeno Drizzle goes on top.  It's so good!
   Alongside Texas Chicken-Fried Steak with Tabasco Cream Gravy.
   I tried it with a piece of organic chicken.
  I made a Hershey's chocolate cake found on Pinterest.  My cakes are never pretty, but they do taste good.  I remember Rachel Ray saying you are either a good cook or a good baker, never both.  She is the cook, her sister the baker.  I tend to be the cook, not the baker.
   I made Bob blow out candles for a photo!  Next week Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment