Monday, November 29, 2021

Thanksgiving Week

                              Turkey Tail Fungi in my flower bed
 

  Peak leaf color




                                           Ginko Leaves
      I always go Christmas shopping right before Thanksgiving.  In Hendersonville, the ginko leaves covered the sidewalks.  I accomplished my goal and have all my gifts so I can avoid the crowds.
   Started the Christmas tree getting it put together and the lights on, and it is now completed.  The red maple outside the window matches the red balls I now have hanging on the tree.  Despite hard winds, the leaves are still intact.

            Lots of red going on!


    Even though it was just me and Bob for Thanksgiving dinner, I brought out some harvest gold dishes.  These goblets I found and was going to sell, but I like them so much I'm keeping them.  Very heavy, thick amber glass.  Great for the dessert I had planned.
  Found a stack of these pottery plates "Franciscan" in the garage when we bought the house.  
  Your basic Thanksgiving dinner, nothing fancy.
  Bob surprised me with my favorite wine Amarone from TJs.
                      Pumpkin flan with whipped cream and Kaluha.  We put on a fire and streamed the new Beatles documentary that came out that day.  
                 Went to our local theatre on the weekend to see the last of the Daniel Craig Bonds.  Will miss him, he was my favorite Bond.  Next is the French Dispatch which I've been waiting for.  Wes Anderson is my favorite director. 
    Love our small, local theatre.
  Update on Timber & Geisha:  Getting along splendidly!! They now look for rabbits together.
    Great end to the weekend, a colorful sunset . . .
   . . . and an even better night sky!  

No comments:

Post a Comment