Monday, January 14, 2019

Beautiful Skies - Stressful Week

At the boathouse, colorful skies like I have never seen.  I didn't have my camera, so we had to use Bob's camera, and it didn't even come close as to how beautiful the clouds and turquoise sky was for only a few minutes, then it was gone and night fell.






The week started with a rescue friend asking for help for two senior dogs in Memphis that needed to get to NC or they were going to the shelter.  The min-pin is 14 years old, so I said yes.  Had the transport all set for Saturday, then the threat of an ice storm, messed that up and I had to start from scratch for a Friday run, but with a lot of work, it was accomplished.  The dogs spent the night at my house, then I took them to foster the next day.


Sadly, the chow is not acclimating to her new home and does not like the other dogs, so we are frantically trying to find a new home, which will not be easy.



This is Lucy, 10 year old chow mix, and she is not happy with her new home.  She is a sweet dog, but does not like Bruno Mars, the boxer mix.

We also got Sasha out of a shelter on the NC coast and into her foster home, she is very happy.  Sadly, "Puppy" who is 9 months old escaped at the shelter and we now have traps set and I am working with a tracker from Asheville trying to capture her.  She is feral and scared.  This could take a while.  Stressful is an understatement!

As for this week, we will be working on the dog problems from last week then I hope to get back to scraping and painting and selling on Ebay.  I want the 68 degrees and sunshine that we had last week back or a trip to the beach!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment