Monday, March 19, 2018

Surprises!

Sunday was so nice, we picked up lunch and sat at the boathouse.  Not much going on, a passing boat from time to time.

A new house going in, second from the right, modern and interesting.  Need to get in the kayak for an up-close look.

Dave our neighbor has gotten his boathouse primed. Can't wait to see the new color.

After seven years, the black bamboo is thick along the stairway.

Didn't bring my photo lens, but there is a guy on a paddle board WITH HIS DOG!!  That's a first!

Surprise No. 1:  My friend Ginny in NY with the wildlife rehab center sent me this book.  She has a story that was published in it, and took it to the boathouse to read.  It is about birds, of course!

A sweet note to go with it.

Looks like the neighbors on the hill have cleaned up most of the trees from the tornado last summer.

Surprise No. 2:  Another friend sent me this homemade apron to use when I make my dog food.  Will also come in handy in the potting shed.


Surprise No. 3:  Well, the excitement of the church sale builds.  We cleaned out the chicken coop yesterday and I decided to get rid of a few more things that were stored and take it to the church this morning for their sale.

I was shocked when the girl told me I could look around, so I was keeping a list of what I would go for come sale time, but she said I could BUY anything I wanted!  WHAT??!!!  First thing I went for was this Art Deco lamp, which may be a keeper!!

Piles of afghans.  Where am I going to store all of these?






At $2 apiece, I couldn't pass them up. Mom, what are these???

They are oak and fold and the center is a strip of velvet material all in great shape.

I have never paid $25 for an afghan, but this one was special, heavy and HUGE!  

So unusual and the needlework is exquisite!

This is another huge, heavy beautiful throw!

A chenille bedspread with a ruffle!  This has been a good couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment