Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Trip to Bountiful!

Now back home after a nice visit with family.  I love my mom's local thrift store, lots of afghans to be had.

Escaped between two nor'easters, now back to spring, flowers, 63 degrees, blue skies and sun! Just the way I like it!

My beautiful magnolia is still going strong.


Always a long drive, rain for most of the trip up, but a full moon in the end to guide me home.

Went to my dad's nursing home where his sister Annie is and got to have a short visit.  Everyone says we look alike and my brother swears that's what I'll look like in 20 years, but I don't see it.

First nor'easter, I went out to snap a shot for Bob so he knew why I would not be driving home Saturday, and I got locked out and no one could hear me banging on the door. I was wet and frozen!


Friday night the family got together in honor of my dad.   David and Julia, his fiance, to be wed next May.

Andrew, my nephew, a nice, quiet guy.

Mike, another nephew.


Mike is a big dude, especially next to my mom.


My dad's remains.
And what better way to honor my dad than with lottery tickets!  I thought that was a cute idea, we all did scratch-offs together.  Dave won $1 and Andrew won a free ticket.  My dad played for so long, no real big wins, but I can remember when I was a kid he said if he won the lottery he would buy me a bike, then when I became an adult it changed to he would buy me a house.  Forgot to mention that that night.

The drive home was even harder, strong winds from the nor'easter from PA to NC.  Just 150 miles from home, a complete stop, sat for over an hour, and this was the reason why, just another overturned semi.

The hellebores were not phased by the cold this winter, they look better than they ever have.
The Japanese kerrias are starting to bloom.  Back to business, lots of work to be done on the house, yard, dogs, rescue, ebay, the list goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment