Thursday, January 4, 2018

Holiday Leftovers

Christmas Eve party at Mindy's.  Kelly was there and we got to meet everyone's teenagers and some new people.  Met the owners of Animobile, a new local couple that have just moved here from Atlanta and have a mobile veterinary service.  Didn't feel comfortable taking camera in and taking photos.  A wonderful Mexican meal, which is customary for Mindy being from Arizona.



Mindy's hostess gift.  We kind of had a laugh about this plum wine, her mother used to drink it all the time when she was growing up.  This stuff was hard to find in NC!

Kelly got her chocolate roll.




Bob's main gift was an estate sale find.  I cleaned it up, waxed the drawers so they would slide easy and filled the drawers with smaller gifts.

Still having a problem with one drawer, so using my woodworking tool to solve the problem.

Great piece that I snagged before so many others.  Lots of people wanted this!




My birthday gift from Bob.  Yes, it was my 60th birthday, and we're not going to talk about it ha-ha!!  

All of my favorite animals, owl, husky (wolf) deer and bear all in one place!



This made-to-order bird feeder was my Christmas gift. It is squirrel proof and will flip a squirrel off of it, so I guess they know because not one squirrel has tried to eat from it.  I thought I would get a funny video, even though I don't want to torture them, but tired of wasting so much bird seed.

Another great sunrise.  This time the hills in front are pink instead of the hills in back.






And in rescue this week:  This is Grace.  I have set up a transport from Memphis to Atlanta for this Saturday to my friend Alisha.

Grace is ready to go!  Glad we did not get any part of that snowstorm or we would have had to cancel.

This is Judi, a tiny senior also at Memphis.  I have set up a separate transport for her from Memphis to my friend Dione in SC, who will then turn around and take her to Drums, PA to my friend Marcia.  Sweating this one out, could have some bad weather coming in TN and NC on Sunday. Paws crossed!

This is Kono, who almost two years ago I did the same for him, from Memphis to Dione to Long Island to Ginny who has now become a good friend.  Sadly, we lost Kono on my birthday and we are all very sad.  I promised Ginny when she is ready for another senior, I will personally deliver him/her.  I have been wanting to visit her wildlife refuge and rehab center.  She was featured on People Magazine in the '80s for her wildlife work and her center, the Evelyn Alexander Wildlife Center.  She is a great lady.

We will never forget you Kono!

No comments:

Post a Comment