Friday, December 22, 2017

The Tree

My own private xmas tree farm with cedars and eastern white pines.

The cedars are such slow growers, so a white pine it is!

A bit skinny and sparse, but fresh and smells good.



It did not look this tall in the pasture, fit perfectly into the peak of the ceiling.











Plain and simple, just balls, no woodsy theme this year.




Vintage black mica xmas ball.

Another vintage black mica ball.


I found this vintage tree topper at an antiques malls, lots of pink glitter and I put in a flicker bulb to match the elves on the mantle.



Two small tabletop trees in the sunroom.

Another vintage tree topper found at an estate sale.

Found these beautiful glasses for eggnog at the last estate sale of the year.


I was very early getting my packages mailed, but late on getting my cards out.

I sent Frankie my goat milk girl these pail handles.  Not glamorous, but will save wear and tear on her hands carrying those pails of milk.

I think she liked her package more than the gift!

First chocolate roll out the door to Dr. Lara, our vet, who just loves Lord Roman. Two more rolls to go, one for Kelly, who has had a bad year and had her house badly damaged from the tornado, and one for us, of course!

Made a gift tag to fit the gift!  That is Lord Roman as a youngster before I adopted him.


Was up early enough to capture the sun coming up, so just had to add these photos. 





Christmas eve day I will be roasting a turkey with plans on Christmas day to do a hike not yet determined where.  I just  was contacted by a friend from Atlanta who just moved here and lives only 20 minutes from us, so trying to get together with them and catch up.  This may be the last post in 2017, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment