Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Christmas Mantle

The Christmas mantle just kind of evolved as I brought out the decorations.  The Ikea elf candle holders were just right for the flickering string of lights.

I initially was going to use greens collected from the grounds, but this sparkling garland is perfect and goes nicely with the vintage bottle brush trees and wreaths found at one of the Frog & Swan estate sales.

Vintage tree toppers don't always need to be on trees.


I wanted to do a Christmas tree with rows of Putz houses as seen in a Martha Stewart Christmas issue, but after buying two, realized it would cost a fortune to achieve.  I will show the Putz tree when I do the Christmas tree post.



The mantle can be more fun to decorate than the tree and a lot easier!



No comments:

Post a Comment