Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring!

Spring is here and the Carolina Mountain Conservancy hikes have begun!  Unfortunately, I missed the first one, a hike to five waterfalls not open to the public.  The next is a hike to Frying Pan Mountain to the tallest NC fire tower, I won't miss that one!



Hostas are emerging .  .  . 

. . . and I have the lettuce now planted outside, tomatoes next.

The double kerrias are in bloom.

Camellias are still going strong ,and the fountain is up and running.





I've started planting underneath my ancient magnolia, and the hostas my mom brought on her trip here last year are pushing up through the soil.  They should be full and pretty by time she gets here on Mother's Day.


I've been transplanting a shade plant, I have no clue what it is, underneath the magnolia in between the hostas.

I'm finding these plants in the ivy.  I'm sure Kelly will be able to identify them for me.

Mahonia berries.


Inside I've been scraping and sanding walls in my bedroom.  The curtains came down, and the shades went up giving me full view of the outside with these big windows.  I like the plain, clean look of the shades.

As you can see, lots of scraping to be done.




A test strip of the new color "Sesame".  I think I'm really going to like it.

Rescue update:  Coco in VT now very happy!  "Religion, is a smile on a dog!"  Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians


Jazz was saved from an GA shelter, we raised $1000 in funds, and he will be going to a new home in WVA.

Tommy D from an NC shelter will be going to a chow friend in VA for foster.  Seniors are my specialty!

No comments:

Post a Comment