Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Thanksgiving and Beyond

Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas is approaching too quickly.  With all that has been going on with the house construction and rescue, I have yet to get my tree up.  This was the Thanksgiving mantle.





The Japanese maple has now lost its leaves with the rain that has finally come our way, but it was beautiful while it lasted.




I actually cooked a Trader Joe's organic brined turkey this year, and I have to say it was worth the $$!

Pumpkin flan with whipped cream and Kahlua for dessert.


The workers did take off for Thanksgiving, but they were here the rest of the holiday weekend putting up the sheetrock. 

Purple would not be a color choice for a room!

I do love the old brick foundation taking the place of wood baseboard . . . 

. . . and the old beam that goes across the wall is a favorite detail.

The old primitive mantle will hold the Dusenbury art piece.

The man cave is not even finished, and Roman is in there smoking a cigar!

So since this is Bob's room, he got to choose the color.  Of course, it is the same color he had in his last library, Dash of Curry by Benjamin Moore.  I wanted to go very neutral with a dark khaki color, but he wasn't having it.

I have to say this color looks great with the wood and the Dusenbury painting.

One wall finished, three more to go.

Another tag sale put on by the Frog & Swan.  I didn't even know what the big glass "thing" was, but bought it any way because it was so pretty and definitely old.

Found out it is a Deco period floor lamp shade.  It is 16 inches across, and they sell for quite a bit of money on Ebay.  I didn't like spending $10 on something I didn't know what it was or if I could sell, but I will list it today and see what happens!


Also slipped away for a visit to see Linda's tree, a cedar she got in KY.  Cedars are so light and airy and very pretty with just lights and icicles.

Linda is way ahead of me!  Her place looked fabulous, as always, and ready for the holidays.

She named her cat Annabelle Fern.  I told her with that name, she could have named my brother's girls!


Time to get home and put up that tree!  I have not been excited about my everlastings this year.  I am definitely going to have a live tree next year, and will make a day's outing out of it, travel to the mountains and cut it at a tree farm.  Maybe the town of Boone!


No comments:

Post a Comment