Thursday, March 5, 2015

Some Progress in the Bedroom


It will be some time before the bedroom gets painted, so I wanted to at least get my mantle/shelf up on the wall and paintings in place.  It was a job to get this heavy mantle anchored to a plaster wall, so when it comes time to paint I will be painting around it.

At my other home the mantle was over the bedroom fireplace, which I do not have here, but I had to find a way to use it because I could not part with it. It hangs over my pie safe that houses our toiletries and serves as a place for my mercury glass and flower oil paintings to rest.



Originally I was just going to paint the room white, but with time spent here I think I will do a white with a hint of color, very pale and calming.

Detailed carving on the mantle.  I don't know what period it is from, but it didn't matter, I knew it would look good.

A blue painted corner cupboard on the other side of the room holds my old crocks and bowls and an oil painting found at a flea market.



The duvet cover is a gray ticking that goes with everything.

 Bought from Nicola's Home in Maine.


Vintage tin flowers from Italy.

It's raining today, so I'll be in the kitchen painting the ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment