Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Garden Viewing Room Before

This is what I am going to call the garden viewing room or bird watching room or the dogs would say it is their Roman and Princess watching room and their favorite room in the house! 

Today I have yet again been avoiding scrubbing the kitchen cabinets so I decided to take down these old shades and get them out of the house.


I don't think I posted much on this room because it was completely full of boxes, and I am down to about a dozen so thought I would take a few photos now that you can get an idea of the view. 

I plan to bring up a couple of Adirondack chairs from the boathouse and have lots of seating in this room for reading or bird watching.  My big red painted cupboard will be against one wall once the gas heater is removed on Monday.

This room is attached to the living room and has a nice pair of French doors that go into it. It was probably just an open-air porch at one time, then the big glass sliding doors were added.  

I also ripped out the old screening which Panda went through two nights in a row when we first moved here when he saw a possum walking by.  Yet another project that will have to be done by the fall when we're ready to open it up again.

This is the outside view.  The bushes in front of the window, which I have no clue as to what they are, were trimmed back before I went in to take the shades down, another avoidance tactic having to do with the kitchen cabinets! We now have a better view of the garden.  All that is needed are a few bird houses and bird feeders.

This side door comes off the sunroom and someday I was thinking a nice deck would be great in this spot.  Jacqui suggested a stone patio which is also a great idea.

First, the outside will have to be painted and new roof put on.

You can see how desperate the house is for a new coat of paint or stain.

All these windows need to be cleaned, too, inside and out, but not something I'm up for today! This house has a lot of windows, which I love, but cleaning them, not so much.

This bush is right outside one of the sunroom windows.  At first I just thought it was an ugly privet, then all these little white trumpet flowers bloomed and the bees love it, so it's a keeper, just needs to be trimmed back quite a bit.  If anyone knows what this bush is, please let me know.

This is a paint swatch from Restoration Hardware in "Obsidian" which I plan to paint the walls.  The ceiling will be my "Oyster" white, the floor will be cleaned and stay the same weathered blue/green.  I will have two cupboards and chairs in here with some old hooked rugs and oil paintings, lights for reading.  Hope to put a ceiling fan in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment