Saturday, December 3, 2022

Let the Holidays Begin!

                      Friday, Dec. 2, was Bob's office Christmas luncheon. Last year it was Dec. 10, the day my mom passed.  I remember that morning, getting ready to go and getting the call from my brother who was at his father-in-law's funeral, that my mom was code red.  I sent Bob on his way and knew I couldn't go, and not long after he left I got the call that my mom was gone.  I can't believe it's been a year, and going to the Christmas lunch this year brought it all back.  Each year will get easier, but it was sad and will always be something that will come up each Christmas. 
 

              Lunch was at a really nice French cafe in Asheville.  I had croquettes and an awesome cocktail.  I wasn't able to get photos of the whole group, just a shot here and there. This is Regina, the office receptionist. 
         Kevin here on the left from HR, Kristi, Bob's boss and another attorney Veronica. It was a small gathering. We first went to the office since I had never gone in person.  An old historic building with lots of old brick and beautiful pine floors.  Of course, Bob's office was the messiest.  We sat and talked "legal talk" most of lunch, lol.  That's what happens when attorneys all get together.  It was a really nice lunch.
  Last year when I wasn't able to go, I had collected all these pretty white vintage afghans to give to each lady in the office. This year we gave each a bottle of chocolate liqueur, which they all seemed pleased with.  For the one male attorney in the office besides Bob, he got a bottle of bourbon. After lunch, Bob and I walked the shops of Asheville and went to Trader Joes to buy some gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment