Sunday, August 29, 2021

Chandelier Globes Found!

                   We took a drive last Saturday to check out a new area which ended up being a waste of a drive, BUT going down the main drag I saw this dumpy store in a rundown strip shopping center and had Bob turn around, might as well check it out.
        
                 Much to my surprise, this place was packed full of antique lights and shades, a mess of a place, but was kind of fun looking through all the great lighting fixtures in every corner.

                      Ever since I found my chandelier that I wanted to use in the farmhouse kitchen, I've been searching online and in local antiques stores for five glass shades or globes that would work, and finding five I knew would be hard.  Then here were shelves full of beautiful antique glass shades in every shape, size and color.
                  Not expecting to find a place like this, I did not have my chandelier with me, so Tuesday I took a drive back up with my chandelier to see what would fit and look good.
                          Tried out many different globes, but then I found the perfect one.
                      I really liked the taller chimneys and had them already in mind.
                 Then I saw this one with a light amber base, but clear body and the painted floral on a tall chimney and when he said there were five, I knew it was meant to be!
           I needed something clear that wouldn't detract from the hobnail globes on the bottom.
   I have the electricians coming this Wednesday, wish it could be hung, but will have to wait for the ceilings to be vaulted.  This week we will be changing out the very, very old meter and getting a new line to the electrical pole.  Not the fun part of renovating, but has to be done.
                   And as an aside, my good friend in Florida, Valerie who I have gotten many a chow to, her mother turned 98!  
                   She still lives in her home by herself and does all of her yard work.  I said to Val that we both have good genes and hope we are as active as our mothers when we reach our 90s!

No comments:

Post a Comment