Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Peniel Road Before


              One of seven houses Mindy and Shahab are working on and my favorite of all! I loved the layout and the feel of this place built in the early '50s with a cottage feel.  Just needs a lot of work.

                   This is the side entrance into the big open foyer.
             Mindy chose a dark paint for the exterior called Wrought Iron, a girl after my own heart!  I love dark exteriors.

          This is the front entryway, concrete floor and all windows, bright and cheerful.
           The living room to the right off the entryway has wonderful old beams as does the rest of the house.  A huge loom was left with a piece that had been started, but not quite finished.
                Doesn't get much better than shiplap and beams!
                  The kitchen needs a lot of work.  Dutch doors like I have in my house. Beautiful heart pine floors.
                Removing ceilings in bedrooms revealing pretty wood, the same plan I have for my little farmhouse.  I hope mine looks as good.

          Old cast iron tubs. Mindy was measuring this one for me to use in the farmhouse.  Jake will be here tomorrow to discuss my plans for the bathroom.
                    Outside was a shed that had this awesome, huge birdbath? in it.  This stump was the perfect place for it.  I have to say I was salivating over this!
                More statuary found on the grounds.  
                 I spent a good portion of the day hanging out and talking about all the plans for this place.  I love it!  When ready to leave, I reached in my purse for my keys and something grabbed my finger!  UGH!!!!  It will take at least six months to complete this project, and I will do an "after" post once it's done. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment