Monday, February 8, 2021

Easy Come Easy Go

          Saturday was so nice I spent the day outside working in the yard. The weather was calling for rain that night, but as the day went on, it just felt like it was going to be snow and started to look like it.
    I transplanted moss to different areas of the garden.

                                        
              I spent hours cutting ivy off of trees, trimming the bushes and cutting back the thinner bamboo reed to take to Mindy's goats.  It took the loppers to cut this ivy it is so old.                                      
      The goats know my car when it comes!  I packed it full and can take as many carloads as Mindy will take.  I love having a place to take all my trimmings and feeding animals with it.
                     The car smells so good inside!
                            Once the ivy is all down, the rocks are out and I amend the soil, I will plant my jasmine on this tree since it gets full sun and every time I walk out the back door I will smell it.                            
     Lots of babies to feed!

                            
                                          Found this perfect natural walking stick while cleaning out bushes.

  
                           Looks like my hummingbird is going to spend the whole winter here.
                          And look who came back!  My bat left for a month or more, but today was back in my potting shed window.
       On warm days, the lizards come out to play!
     They love the dogs' blankets on the breezeway.  You can lift a blanket and they are all snuggled together on the bottom blanket.


                    So I should have been a weather girl instead of a court stenographer.  By 11 pm we had about two inches of dry, crunchy, perfect snow.  I took Geisha for a walk to the farmhouse to get some photos.  It was so muffled, all you could hear was the deer crunching the bamboo in the bamboo forest.








  By morning it was turning to mush as the temps were rising.


    Roman didn't care it was sloppy slush, he laid in it anyway UGH!
    By afternoon it was all gone.  I had a lot of people coming to get bamboo, but we canceled.  Mindy and Shahab were coming to dig plants and walk the bamboo forest, I had the Irish Coffees ready to serve, but maybe next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment