Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Dodging Storms!

                              Looks warm and cozy, doesn't it?  We thought an ice storm was coming, so I wanted my bat to have some warmth, so I put up a heat lamp, but that ice storm never came, just some rain. We have missed every storm this year, and today it was 70 degrees.  I think we have a different groundhog than Puxatony Phil.
                 That's him in the window, bottom right.  I thought he was dead, but he's just hibernating, what's called torpor.  I've kept my eye on him, and a leg changes position every once in a while.  
    Hairy little thing.

                                   
     Friday was likewise a nice day.  My fencer was in town on a bigger job and squeezed my gate to my bamboo forest in!  

       I love it!                                                    
                          Sunday I spent most of the afternoon in the forest working on the path.  No one came this weekend for bamboo, even though the past three weekends rained and they all wanted to come.  Go figure.  That's okay, I wanted to clear out more from the forest.

                        There are 30 cinderblocks, which I believe are a property line as there are fence posts and barbed wire along the same line in sections.  These need to be dug out and brought up to the house.  Not an easy task.



There are quite a few downed trees. Some will be firewood, but what I'd like to eventually do is cut off ends to put underneath each end and make natural benches along the way.
  Lots of rocks and moss along the way.

When I moved here, I met an ex-pat from PA at the local pet supply store named Barbara.  She is in the process of having a tiny house built for some land she bought.  This is her house being built in a factory.

         Ready to be moved to her land!  I just so happened to see a post on FB that she wanted to know where to buy cinderblock for a raised garden she plans on building.  I let her know I had at least 30 that she could have, and she offered to come dig them up with me and get them moved up to the driveway.  This will save her a little money, and I won't have to hide them in the crawl space.  
    One thing I would like to do at the farmhouse when the bamboo forest is ready for visitors is to line the driveway along the farmhouse with a natural barrier.  So as I drive around I have been taking photos of bush and tree barriers that I really like. This one is gorgeous! Can't imagine how old it is. 

    The blue haze of this evergreen is so pretty, but trees may not be the way to go.  I will continue to look, but so far I love the gold bushes.
                      Friday was a Frog & Swan estate sale, first one in a long time.  These are the few things I found. Bob came home with boxes of books.  I need to talk to Randy and tell him to triple the price on Bob so that he doesn't come home with so many LOL!  Crochet owls.

                     A felt tea cozy, maybe South Seas?  Beaded figures, a neat piece.
        These estate sales is where I get my garden tools and bird feeders for dirt!  This is a beautiful tool, made in England, and only for $3.  I need a new hoe.  Went out to start working on the veg garden and it broke.  Too much abuse for too many years.
   Flowers are just bursting!

    The lenten roses are in full bloom.
      Except for this one special dark one that I dug up at a house Mindy was flipping.  Can't wait for it to open, which should be in the next day or so!
    Today was so beautiful I had plans of getting out the wacker on wheels and starting to clean up the garden areas, but ended up morning and evening at the vet with Panda.  Today I thought might be his last day, but he rallied.  He did not eat today, so we could not give him insulin.  He got a shot for nausea and hopefully tomorrow he will feel better.  Tomorrow I plan on getting out the wacker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment