Monday, February 15, 2021

A Valentine's Weekend

      Friday kicked off the Valentine's weekend with baking and delivering.  Made two of my famous Chocolate Roulades, one for my vet who did us a favor for Panda this weekend unexpectedly and the other for new friends Netty and Dave.
    Netty and Dave own the Dutch Country Foods General Store in town where I get my eggs, spices and local fruits and berries.  I buy so many eggs from them I thought they should get some back in the form of a Valentine's treat.  We've become friends not only through my shopping there, but I have been involved with a small group of Mennonites and local Hispanics who gather together at the store on Fridays and talk politics.  I've learned a lot, and it really is a lot of fun to hang out for an hour or so and have these discussions.  
                                    
                                    Saturday Bob and I made our way to Forest City, about a 20 minute drive toward Charlotte.  They have a pretty Main Street and the Pie Safe is there, so we wanted to get our Valentine's dessert so that would be one thing I wouldn't have to cook.  We decided to have a nice meal at home.             
                                                    
                                                 
                                Love the pink mixer and it's huge!          
                            Just one case of many showing off their sweets.  I ended up with a chocolate cheesecake, and Bob got the chess pie.                         
               Now that Bob has an office in Asheville, he can go to the unique shops, and this was my VDay card.  It's Baby!                                  
          Bob's office is right in the middle of it all in one of the old brick buildings.  This is the reception area.                          
                            Hallway to his office.                 
                                  His tiny, but nice office.  Less space for him to mess up. I'm sure by now it's piled high with files.                     
               My Valentine's gift!  Isn't it romantic?  IT IS!!  I love practical gifts.  This is the gate to enter my bamboo forest.  On the list for our fencer to put it up.  I can't wait.  In years past I asked for a wood chipper, dirt, dirt and more dirt, but I wasn't taken seriously.  I think he finally realizes I'm serious about these kinds of gifts! Only took 34 years!                      
         And my gift to myself.  Forest City is loaded with habitat stores and thrift shops, one reason we like to go there.  This thrift store was having a half price sale on linens and I could not believe I got this beautiful silk damask WITH THISTLES!! for only $1.50!! Good Valentine's Day all the way around :)                        
                                   
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment