Saturday, January 9, 2021

New Years Eve/New Years Day

                                                 Remember fondue?         
     I never forgot it! I love doing fondue for New Year's Eve, it's great for guests to just sit around a fire and talk in a casual way.  These are some of my pots that I've had for years.
     I found two boxes of fondue plates at a local estate sale last year, they're ceramic and the sections keep everything where it needs to be!
     This Mid Century stainless steel pot is my favorite, it's fancy!
     New Year's Day we worked on the owl box which fell off the tree during a major wind storm.  Nothing inside but some mulch which was left for the next owl to nest, IF we can get this huge thing back up on the tree.
     While Bob was surveying the tree that we need to get this huge nesting box on . . . 
    . . . I was surveying the ground cover that was all through the woods.  I haven't a clue what it is, but it looks like little evergreen bushes with shoots that may end up being a flower.




    The first of many camellias are starting to open.
    My hummer has been here until yesterday when a cold front and dusting of snow came through, and I didn't see him today, so he may be headed to Florida or Mexico.  Can't blame him!
     Today all that is left is a dusting of snow up on the hills.
     I think the house at the very top still has some snow on its roof.
 

   The lettuce was covered, so it's still looking good. Took the tree down today, planted some seeds inside, need to get going on yard work and painting inside.  Bob had his biopsy this week, we will know in five days.  Panda went back to the vet, we are still working on regulating his insulin.  My Christmas presents are still somewhere in the US Postal Service abyss!  UGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment