Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Christmas Rush

                               A bit behind on everything this year, but the packages have all been shipped, although I worry they won't make it with the postal service being so behind.  Not one of my packages has made it to its destination yet, but we still have four days!
     Gifts for the family wrapped in a pretty feminine paper, not my usual, but liking the silver and cream.
     Cannot send out the cards without glitter! Had an assembly line going on the living room windowsill, but got two boxes finished and in the mail!


     A no-bake Christmas for me this year.  Decided to bake my special trail mix and found these pretty containers making local delivery easy.

     We've gotten to be friends with the local printer.  Just like the print shop my brother works in, the old fashioned kind, we are so lucky to have him in our town with all the printing Bob gets done for work.  I noticed last year on his front desk he puts up a vintage aluminum tree with a collection of Tryon Morris the Horses and I found this one last year and decided to gift it to him.   He has a sweet little dog named Abbey that will be getting a ball jar of goat's milk. 
    I had a few rescue friends I wanted to send afghans to, but this was the only one I got out to my friends Peter and Norma in NJ.  The others will get theirs on their birthday since I just didn't get the time to pull them out and get them wrapped.
                              Every year there is one gift I can't wait for the recipient to open and this year it's my sister-in-law's gift I found back in the spring.  This life size pillow looks just like her dog Ivy.  I went to Petsmart and got a collar with a little bling.  I think she's going to love this!

     Well, at least Bob is keeping with my xmas color scheme, but he's back to the Santa Jaws paper.
     I had to make a trip to get to a Walmart, I needed more ribbon and tags, Target was completely sold out, and I got sidetracked by a few thrift stores and came back with some awesome lighting and afghans.  Walmart has some really pretty wrappings and trimmings, I will be heading back day after Christmas when it all goes half price!
      Love these Mid Century copper lights.  
                                  This is a huge pendant light with beveled glass.
                                  Cut glass chandelier with beveled prisms.
                          I guess part of the reason I'm always behind on things is rescue, but how do you say no to a face like this?  Had to raise funds and help get this 13 year old who has been in the shelter since JULY to my rescue friend in Lancaster.  She got there yesterday and she's being a brat, bit her foster, but they're working with her.  Her name is Mya.

     This is my color scheme this year, dark and moody.  Bob's gifts are wrapped in this deep dark blue with specks of silver.  I know you want to see my tree with the black tinsel.  It will be in my next post!
 
    My friend Debra who I go to goat shows with to collect milk has a birthday in December, too, and she is in Cancun for her bday and Christmas.  She is staying at a much nicer place than we did when we went to Cancun decades ago!
                                       Speaking of my goat friends, Mindy texted this photo to me this morning.  A new baby goat! She didn't even know one was pregnant and the poor baby was born on one of our coldest mornings so far, but looks healthy.  We will get to meet her on Tuesday at Mindy's taco Christmas party.  She's from AZ and does Southwestern cuisine. This week I will be driving five hours to get another senior out of a shelter before Christmas, so Christmas will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment