Sunday, February 24, 2019

Spring in Tryon

You know it's spring when the roadside flower stands appear!  Stopped for a bouquet for myself and one for my neighbor who has the flu, along with a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup and chocolate chip cookies,  Jewish penicillin and American penicillin!





Another sign, 15 new baby goats, and the milk is flowing!  The chow chows are happy once again!




Huggy is pretty happy, too!


Finally some sunny warm days.  Renters back at the boathouse.  

Each year a new floral surprise, something I didn't plant appears, such as these tiny iris.


The afghans keep coming . . . 


. . . and the afghans keep going!


As I write tonight, Sam of Pure Gold and Susan who has been supplying Luna's trap with food are boots on ground.  They spared me the trip back today.  Luna has gone in the trap two days, this morning at 2 am and 4 am, so Sam drove from VA to NC to put the trap door in place.

The girls have a long night ahead of them sitting on the side of I-95 watching Luna. Once in the trap, she will be on her way to Tracy in Charlotte and I will be headed to Tracy's.  Everyone is so excited tonight we're not going to get much sleep.  I have raised $2,501 and spent six weeks of  working on this from morning till night, and I can't wait for the reward . . . Luna off of the highway!

No comments:

Post a Comment