Wednesday, December 12, 2018

It's Not Winter Yet!

Cold, wet snow, 10.5 inches with a nice coating of ice on top makes me want to move to Costa Rica!  Not a fan of this storm.  It was okay as long as it was snow, but the ice took down trees and injured others, power was out for days and it was too cold.  







I'm worried about my ancient magnolia, it had several limbs split like this and some that must be amputated.  
\

The bamboo is all laying down and broken.




Even the dogs weren't thrilled, they didn't want to go out in it.


As for the birds, my big suet block was a hit!


My mom suggested having this stumped carved into something.  A totem pole might be nice.

At least with all the trees we had taken down we can have a fire from morning till night.

Sunday was our anniversary, so eggnog and kaluha cocktails to toast.  Too many years to count.

Spent the majority of time wrapping gifts, glittering my cards, finishing all of my chow garland, so I was very productive.  

This is Chantal's gift, a vintage paint-by-number that I found at an estate sale.  She is a retriever lover even though she helps me with chows.  I will take it this weekend to Knoxville when I go to pick up Baby Poppa.
My friend Cathy in Arkansas was the first to get her chow garland and I love where she hung it!

This is Cathy with Poppa.

Poppa got to visit Santa.

My latest afghan find.  This is really vintage, delicate and lacy, needs some repair, but very fine handiwork.


This weekend, a trip to TN to get Poppa and visit some friends even though torrential rains are on their way.  NC can't get a break with weather this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment