Saturday, May 5, 2018

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Up at the crack of dawn today and out the door, a stop at the coffee shop on the way, we went up the mountain to a new-to-me church sale.  

While waiting in line at my local church sale, a man was telling me about one 10 times the size of my local one.  I bet he thought I wasn't listening or wouldn't go, but I was all ears.

We arrived before 7 am to find a line with at least 100 people in it, but by time it opened at 8, there was 1000 behind us and made us feel like we were at the front of the line. People actually ran into the warehouse once they opened.

This is not my kind of sale, too many people like a swarm of locust.  You have to be fast and carry a lot! I had so many afghans that Bob made a trip to the car for me so I could carry the rest.  This red and blue afghan is crazy weird!


A pretty pale blue chenille.

A new item to start looking for, souvenir log wishing wells.  One is from Chimney Rock, NC and the other from the Great Smoky Mountains in TN.

A set of carnival glass globes.  I was carrying a canvas bag full of things, three framed prints, and a box with these globes, so I sat them down under a table while I looked through some fabric, I look down, my box is gone and a lady has my bag!!  Luckily, the person that took my globes didn't want them and sat it down a few tables over.  This is one crazy sale.

Old lantern.

Vintage plaster chalkware nite lite.

I think this set of vintage bird prints are my best find at $1 apiece.  They were scattered, so I hope I didn't miss any. These are a keeper and going in my bathroom.



This funky clock thing is probably from the '70s, but hey, at $1, why not?

These Mid-Century highball glasses are Gorges Briard and hard to find.  In perfect condition, a set of 6 is on Ebay for $150 with lots of watchers, so I will undercut and list for $99, I have a set of 8 and only paid $10.

By 9:00 everything was wiped out, except for a warehouse of books.  Bob drove me home and went back up and will probably be MIA for the rest of the day!  A wild and crazy sale only held once a year, but I will be there next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment