Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April Showers

Bring May flowers!

Sweet William starting to bloom




And the foxgloves are starting to bloom, too.

Columbine

Azaleas are starting to fade . . . 

.
. . . as are the snowball viburnum.


Along the edges of the pasture.



Not only beautiful, they smell wonderful, too.



The pasture is a sea of blue wildflowers.


Burgundy thistles.



Greenery is also looking pretty with chartreuse edges.




Painter's pallet.




Sunday I took a vase of thistle over to Linda's on the lake.

Also took a small vase of bachelor's buttons which are just starting to bloom.


Went on a nice tour of her garden.  It was a beautiful day.


Ferns were of special interest to me since I will be needing some for my "special project" which is still in the making.


Sweet shrub.


Not only does April bring showers for flowers, it also brings strawberry season!

I'm not a baker, rarely bake, but I saw this strawberry shortcake cake on Pinterest and had to make it.  My cakes never look good, but they always taste good!  Sorry you missed it this spring Mom!

The glow of my cranberry glass cake stand in the fridge added to the appeal of the cake . . . 

. . . and added fudge, not in the recipe, added the final touch!  YUM

In rescue, just behind the screen fundraising for Potter and her senior buddy Boo Boo who were rescued from NC by a VA rescue.  Poor Potter has a huge tumor, we now know she will need a double mastectomy.


Such a shame dogs get no care and then when seniors are dumped in the shelters looking like this, but now they will be taken care of.

Boo Boo, on the table, is not a chow, but she needs help, too!  Both are at the vet in this photo.

Update from my friend Carol on Tucker, the blind/deaf chow I pulled from a local shelter.  He and Colin are best of friends!!  Still working on that "special project" and should be posting on it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment