Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Superbowl Sunday

Woke up to a coating of ice on everything, except the ground.  It was very pretty.








The camellias just can't catch a break!


A day like today called for a pot of soup.  This Middle Eastern one was made by Bob.  I was skeptical, an egg on top?

I must admit, it was delish!
And I couldn't pass this beer up at the store just because of the label.  Not nephew approved, but Bob will enjoy the double chocolate coffee oatmeal stout!

A fire, a pot of soup, ready for the game!  It was a great game, a lot of texting with my brother added to the fun!

The next day, spring had sprung.  The scotch broom is starting to bloom . . . 

. . . and so is the mock orange.

A trip to Mindy's for milk and eggs, bringing my usual load of bamboo.



They wouldn't even wait for me to get it out of the car!


This is Huggy.  Huggy is a headhunter!

This is the boar's head he brought home.  Gross!  Mindy and I had a good laugh.  She was waiting for the kids to come home from school to see it.

Another estate sale, another big pile of afghans.  I am the afghan queen!


A few other items that caught my eye.



Remember tv trays mom?  I love these, only $2!  I'm going to clean them up and wax them.  I love the tole painting on them, and I can always use some extra little tables. 

This week my rescue project is getting Hope from Arkansas to North Carolina.  I've been scattered because my oldest dog started having seizures, so a friend jumped in to help, and we almost have it completed.  It's a two-day transport making it even more complicated.  Hopefully the weather holds out, I hear northern AR is getting a winter storm.  
Bamboo is resting comfortably.  He had back-to-back seizures last night, is now on seizure medication, but they say it could take days for his old body to recover.  It's a wait and see.  He turns 18 this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment