Wednesday, February 21, 2018

OLD HARDWARE



Only took four years, but I now have vintage Eastlake handles on my closet doors!  

Found at a local antiques shop for a song.

Celebrating the handles on my closet doors, thought it would be nice to photograph some of the old hardware inside and outside.



Love my verdigris copper gutters.

Old plant hanger outside the bedroom window.  Need to find something special to hang from this one.


This one is outside the living room where a folkart owl hangs above a bird feeder.

At the farmhouse.


The farmhouse roof is covered in moss.


The electrician finally came!  I have been on the list since November, he hooked up the exhaust fan and now I can paint for the second time.  Fun, fun, fun!


If the plaster walls bubble up again, I will resort to putting something else on the walls, I WILL NOT paint this room for a third time!

Adam also put up the light outside the back door, which was really needed.

Camellias are doing better than I thought they would.





When outside with my old dog, who is doing fantastic on his seizure meds, I place a stone in the new path that I am creating.  He's very slow, so at least I can accomplish something while standing around outside.

This is the path outside the back door in Roman and Princess's area.  As you can see, the original path is overgrown and not in the path area anymore, so I am digging all the stones up and re-doing the path.

I am also digging holes to place monkey grass clumps along the path.  There are hundreds of them scattered throughout the back yard and this will line the path and look beautiful when they bloom. 

I made this path a year or so ago so that I would have a place to dump leaves without having to haul them to the other side of the house.  On the right are so many new wisteria vines, and I am doing a tutorial online on how to make wisteria trees.  That will tame them and will one day be beautiful when they are in bloom.



Still finding afghans, and even though I just sold one, it has slowed down, so I think I will put them all away until fall and concentrate on selling some of the other items I have picked up at estate sales.

At the last estate sale I found this hand-knitted sweater, washed it and it fit, so it's a keeper!

A birthday gift for Linda, a bath mat that Brownie and Annabelle Fern think is their new bed.

So many projects, and not enough time!  This weekend, if it stays in the 70s-80s, we hope to meet our friends that just moved here from Atlanta at the boathouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment