Thursday, February 15, 2018

RESCUE TRANSPORT 101

After setting up a transport run with volunteers from Arkansas to Georgia, then the following day Georgia to North Carolina, I had the rare pleasure of being one of the drivers and got to meet the dog I worked so hard on, Hope!

She may have been the sweetest, most petite chow I have ever met, and I called Toni of the rescue and said I was keeping her (wishful thinking!).



My notes from this transport.  So many people to coordinate, and I am the transport monitor at the time of the transport and have to solve any of the problems that may arise.  This one went fairly smoothly.

Not only did I get to meet Hope, I got to meet a rescue friend Tracy Tamura, the family fostering her until she is adopted.  Tracy and I have been friends in rescue for sometime, and it was nice to meet her face-to-face, and I got to meet five of her six kids, also.

Tracy and her husband adopted all of these children from abusive families.  She just turned 60 shortly after me, and is home schooling the kids.  I don't know where she gets her energy!  They also have four chows, so the kids are very chow savvy, and were such nice kids.  They hope to use the boathouse this summer for an outing.



Today it is 72 degrees and sunny and I can't wait to get outside to do yard work, just don't know where to start!

Everything is starting to bloom, the scotch broom above along the driveway, the mock orange bushes, which smell so good!

Hellebores are blooming . . . 

. . . as are the pansies.


The lettuce made it through this cold winter and I have been picking at it, but it is now taking off and some salads will be on the list for dinner.


Larkspur and bachelor buttons are coming in thick.

My basket is filled to the brim with seed catalogs that I have yet to peruse and order from.  Getting late, so with rain on the way, that's what I'll be doing until the next estate sale on Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment