Sunday, September 3, 2017

This House!

A Frog & Swan estate sale at a home owned by two weavers and potters.  The owner had passed away in November at the age of 101 and the house had not been touched in decades, and oh how I loved it!

The stonework, the grounds, the pool, the cozy rooms . . . the mold, the decay, the money it would cost to save this place, UGH.

With no family members to will it to, it was given to an organization that I hope will sell it or renovate it.


Paths everywhere, I walked and took photos. I was more interested in the house than the items for sale.



The second story was a total mess.  I would make this a one story, if I could renovate this place, but this view of the pool would be lost.


Rock was everywhere, walls, stairs, paths, boulders in the gardens.

A room off the back, all stone and windows, housed one of several looms.





The rooms were small and cozy, just the right size.  The chandelier was amazing and sold, but when cleaned, I can imagine how it brightened the room when it sparkled.

There were two tables in this room that I thought about all night and went back the next day and purchased.

These bushes covered the property and were in bloom.  Similar to a hydrangea, but no one knew what it was.

The fact that they were blooming in the shade was a plus, and Randy let me dig up a dozen or so, which I now have in pots and will plant once the weather is cooler.

One path led to an old log cabin that housed more looms.




Don't know the name of this plant, either, but also got a few of these that I put in my terracotta pots.

As luck would have it, the church sale was the same day, and I am glad I went there first, got a few items to sell, and could spend more time at the estate sale admiring the house.







And here they are, the two iron and glass tables that I bought from the estate sale.  Randy almost bought them himself.


They work so well in my sunroom giving it an open feel whereas the wood chest I had between the chairs blocked the view. 

I really love these, and if I can't have the house, at least I have something to remind me of it.  I will be back in the fall when the leaves are down and a waterfall in the back will be visible and take many more photos~

No comments:

Post a Comment