Friday, May 30, 2014

Taking a Break From the Indoors

Our pasture is full of these gorgeous thistles now turning to seed and luring flocks of goldfinches. Butterfly weed is starting to emerge which will bring lots of butterflies.





 I carved out a little seating area in our front courtyard next to the fountain and planted a few shade plants in my faux bois planters just to have a nice place to sit and rest from all the work and have a nice view of the mountain.
My friend Debra stopped by with a housewarming gift, a big metal bluebird on a pole that she got at an arts festival.  It brought me good luck, I now have two bluebirds' nests in boxes.
We decided to take a break and go to the boathouse to spruce up for Memorial Day.  The black bamboo I planted a few years ago is looking beautiful. 

These are not the nodding thistles I am accustomed to in GA, and I will have to find out the name of these.  Maybe next post will be of something accomplished in the house.  Unpacking and finding places for things is the top priority right now.  Habitat for Humanity came and took a lot of things off my hands, and I now have craftspeople from the Southern Highlands Guild coming to get scraps of heart pine lumber from the pantry that was ripped out.  Things are moving, but at a slow pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment