Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The "Princess" Tree

Now named the Princess tree . . .
because just like Princess, the undercoat is white with a caramel topping.  This tree probably started out pure white, but with age it has developed a lovely beige patina, and that's what I like about it. 
This is Princess, one of our foster dogs.  See the resemblance?
The tree skirt is actually a little girl's skirt I picked up years ago at the Gap.  It is brushed velvet and cost $48 . . . but I picked it up for $4.99 and knew I would be able to use it one day.
And so the red and white theme came to fruition, and I remembered the velvet cardinal tree topper I had stashed away in the basement.
So out came all the old wooden ornaments from my log cabin days, many of them with a cardinal theme.
It's actually ironic that cardinals became the theme of this year's tree as the live cardinals around the house have been driving Bob and I crazy pecking at the windows and sitting on our cars' mirrors attacking themselves thinking another male is in their territory.  This has been going on for months, but they are a pretty bird even if they are a little bit off mentally!
The Princess tree unlit
The Princess tree lit, twinkle lights and all
Now for the rest of the house and trying to put together a red and white table theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment