Monday, December 18, 2023

Pretty Place Chapel for our 39th Anniversary

  I didn't know about Pretty Place until Linda mentioned it. We had been to Ceasar's Head years back when looking for a place to view the eclipse, Pretty Place is five miles higher up and worth the drive. The road the whole way up is lined with walls of rhododendron which must be spectacular in spring.
 
  Passing Ceasar's Head on the way, stopped for a few photos. 


                      I could live in that house on the right. The view!
      We were surprised with rain on the way, wind and cold that so many would make the journey to Pretty Place, but everyone was so quiet. It definitely is a special place. Once a YMCA camp in the early 1900s.  Weddings are still held here.

     The sunrises have to be phenominal here, but the rain clouds were equally impressive.



                         You know me, I hate photos and really hate selfies, they are so distorted, but we needed to have an anniversary photo and I wasn't going to ask anyone deep in contemplation to take our photo, so this is what we got.

                      On the way down, stopped at the Devil's Kitchen for a walk.

     Met some hikers from Ukraine, talked to them a bit.  We were walking to see Raven Falls, they said it wasn't worth the mile hike, and I didn't think my knee was up to it anyway.
   There is actually a coffee shop on the way down, we stopped for some festive drinks in this old building and walked around.

                                Got the table by the fireplace to warm up.
    This house was on the street behind the coffee shop. I could live here, too!
                   Wore my gold floral embossed bangle that was my 10th anniversary present.  Bob had it engraved on the inside. Neither one of us could read it, our eyes are not the best these days lol. 
                     My wedding band was my 25th anniversary present given when we went to Charleston for the weekend. I rarely wear my jewelry anymore now that I don't work and dress up, so it was nice to have them on. This year he went to Lulu Lemon! I couldn't believe it!!                        
Next year is a biggy, hoping we can go back to Charleston and stay at the Post House Inn, go antiquing and to the beach. If my dogs are still with us, Catrina will have to dogsit for me.  Check out the inn, it is so charming!Post House Inn

    So many buds on all those rhodies.  We will be back in spring!!
                     This year's card, he always finds the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment