Friday, December 22, 2023

Geisha is a Grinch!

  The strangest thing happened Sunday night. Bob and I were sitting watching tv when Geisha, my 13 1/2 year old chow bolted across the living room and headbutted the Christmas tree sending it crashing to the floor and breaking just about all the vintage ornaments I had on it, worst of all my vintage glass malamute, which is Timber's ornament.
 
        I was livid and she knew it, stayed outside for a long time and when she came in kept pawing at me, I wouldn't look at her.  Cleanup the next day and what ornaments were left and on the other tree got packed away. I only bring out the glass every few years, so from now on only on a tabletop tree.  Now I have the plastic disco balls and garland and ribbon on both trees, much safer!

       I actually think I like them better this way, more sparkly!


                Everything just about accomplished, all cards and gifts mailed and made it in one piece, Bob's gifts under the tree. I cooked all day yesterday prepping our xmas eve meal and xmas day meal, we're doing gourmet Mexican this year.  I still have baking to do, our yule log and cookies for the neighbors when they arrive for Irish coffees. Rain is coming, but we'll have a fire going the whole weekend.
                 Not your traditional wrapping paper, but I loved the National Parks theme.

    Bought this last year with a different theme in mind, but things are all over the place this year! Thank you Geisha!! (We think she was mad about going to the vet for her annual Friday or maybe she just didn't want Timber's ornament front and center! We'll never know). The girls from the post office just called and invited me to come over for homemade egg mcmuffins lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment