Thursday, April 27, 2023

Spring Planting Completed!

                       In the fields I have a blackberry patch that has been in the works a couple of years and I believe this will be the year it produces.  
 
                Last fall I had my bushhogger mow a path right through the middle of my patch because I could not reach what berries I had last year, so a row on the left and right will make it much easier to gather the berries.  Might make it easier for bear and deer to get them, too, so we'll see what happens.

We had our blackberry winter, now getting rain and the blooms are proliferous!
                          Looking forward to harvest!
          Grosbeaks are here!
    First time growing individual lettuce heads "Tom Thumb".  I really like this soft butter lettuce and their compact heads.  This will be grown from now on!
                            Another patch of lettuce just starting and my tomato seedlings that were started indoors are now in their cages.


                        The pasture is in bloom with thistles, the goldfinches will be here soon.
       Up at the house, Minka has arrived again this year and is staying longer.  Last night I saw her playing with a gray squirrel.  She is so tiny compared to the grays.
     I dug up a plant a few years ago, I still don't know what it is, but I just saw this and it had never had this before! Looks a lot like a Jack in the Pulpit, but it's not.  Nice surprise.
                        Iris are starting to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment