Friday, May 21, 2021

Tiny Farmhouse Potential

One day the Tiny Farmhouse will serve a purpose.  Last week I spent a lot of time going back and forth to the zoning office and deeds and records trying to find surveys, septic tank placement and the like.  Seems there is only one hand drawing showing where the septic is and that's about it.  Time to get a surveyor and get this show on the road.  The plan is to start renovation once the boathouse is sold. Long term plan is maybe one day when it is all complete and split off from the main deed, it would be a great house to live in with less to take care of and a tiny yard with the bamboo forest in the back and NO MORTGAGE! Then it will be time to travel again.


 

                           The Eden rose is in full bloom at the farmhouse, and I just planted a red Eden, which I didn't know existed until now, and it has buds! So once in bloom I will post some photos.


          This weekend I lifted all the original stepping stones that led to the main house when it was built, but now it just leads to a huge tree, so those stones are being stored at the farmhouse and will be used as paths down there once reno begins.  These spots were filled in with dirt and are now planted with plugs of the mondo grass that is growing there.
    A lot of trees and bushes are being dug up and will be planted in other places.  These include Canadian Hemlocks, a chestnut tree for Shahab, red bud seedlings and snowball viburnum.  Many more need to be dug, but that will now wait until fall. 
       At one point I thought my space where I was going to plant tomatoes and cucumbers was ahead of the game, then this happened!
         I now have a daisy field, and I didn't plant a single one of them! 

       So I'm just putting my tomato cages in open spots in between and I'm not going to worry about it.  I'm also planting a long row of tithonias and sunflowers.
  These are the tomato fields down the road that I pass by each day on my way out, and they were just planted, so maybe I'm not as far behind on my tomatoes as I thought.

              This peony was one of three I found in the fall tucked in between the azaleas and not doing well.  I dug them up, moved them out into a sunnier area with good soil, and this first peony is my reward! I was expecting white!
      Other flowers blooming in my gardens.  Mexican Primrose.
         Sweet Williams.
               The peony before fully open.
      I love dianthus!
  
                 The small boathouse garden is looking pretty good right now with just greenery and horsetail reed.

     Baby geese.

      Pancake the pug! I have to say, he is my all time favorite canine guest photo.  He even has his own life preserver!  
                     Some other recent canine guests.
                        I have my eye on this hooked rug, but it's not for sale, but we'll see about that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment