Monday, April 26, 2021

AZALEA TOUR


      It was a beautiful, quiet day at the lake when I was setting up for guests last week.  Not a soul around, only the sound of the swallows over the water.
    I got the boathouse ready and did something I never do . . .

                                  (our last guests were rock collectors and left them on the dock and also left us a bottle of bubbly!)
                            . . . I sat down for about 15 minutes and just took it all in!!  Then I hear something coming in the distance!!

    Then I decided to just take a drive around the lake to take in all the beautiful azaleas.  Even though we had a two-day cold snap which burned a lot of the azaleas, there were still many that did not get touched and looked especially amazing this year!









    And then there are the azaleas in my yard . . . 







 
      . . . with a few snowball viburnum thrown in!  I have spent the week transplanting and now have a nursery of trees, bushes and plants.  This week I work on the front beds that will be my cutting garden.  I haven't even gotten to the vegetable bed in the pasture, but my tomatoes are growing inside and getting big!



No comments:

Post a Comment