Sunday, April 12, 2020

Hummingbirds Are Early!

The hummingbirds arrived on Good Friday, not the usual Earth Day, so they are early.  I had my feeders ready and waiting since the word was they were seen in Tryon.

The honeysuckle I have been training on the fence near the hummer feeder is taking off and the hummers love that!



Goldfinches also appeared.

The chickadee won over the blue bird :(
We were at the lake yesterday, we have renters for the week and were setting up.  I saw this duck, but it never came close enough to really see it.  A loon? A muskcovy?  It was beautiful yesterday, today not so much.  Cold and rain, feel sorry for our renters. Tonight is supposed to be tricky with tornadoes.  Could be a long Easter night.

My purple azalea in full bloom.

Bridal wreath spirea in bloom.

This "weed tree" grows everywhere and has huge thorns, but the most gorgeous wisteria-like blooms that smell like candy!


Click on the link below for my first spring garden tour.  Apologize for some blurriness, camera is giving me trouble.  Happy Easter!


 https://youtu.be/6wCGOwQMeoM

No comments:

Post a Comment