Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Easter Flowers

I had hopes of posting a dancing bear video, but my cam broke and I'm waiting for another being sent by the company, so the bear mascot on Main Street in Tryon will have to do!

Playing it safe!

We've been taking drives around our area just to look at everything in bloom.  Pollen is everywhere!  Seems as if everything is in bloom at once!


Even the spring greens are pretty.













In my own garden, the dogwoods look bright white with a sudden t-storm popping up behind.



Three years after planting, my wild azaleas are blooming!







My fence line where I have been training and pruning wisteria is paying off, too!


I found these two tiny azaleas growing again in the dog cemetery and will transplant in the fall to the azalea garden.


At Mindy's farm, pear trees in bloom in one of her pastures.



Her greens are growing strong.  We have been trading goods during this time.  Last week her spinach was amazing, I made a big pan of Spanakopita and gave her half in return. 

She even grows ginger, which I used in my Japanese curry dumplings and a Japanese salad. Shahab made a loaf of bread for us, too.

I acquired some duck eggs, higher in protein than chicken eggs, that was another trade.  The shells are so thick and tough, I don't know how the baby ducks get out!  Next week she will have her goat cheese ready and I will take her another item for trade.  It's been fun.

These are the stoneware dishes from the old house that were covered in mud, now clean and ready for Easter brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment