Tuesday, January 21, 2020

CHOW PAWTY!

My friend George and his friend Rubi arrived from Gulfport, MS, 2 am Friday morning with the six abandoned chows from Arkansas.   They spent two nights at the farmhouse since no hotel would allow chows, let alone this many!

I brought Lord Roman down to meet the gang and to show them what a real chow looks like!  At 89 lbs. he was wondering why these guys were so small!

This is Stevie, one of the twins, and my favorite.  He is now in a home in NJ, and his new name is Milo.






 Bob meeting the gang.



Carol and Maggie arrived Friday evening to load them up and get them on the road to a meeting place in PA, but the storm came in and they ended up looking for a hotel at 3 am, one that would allow dogs and got very lucky to find one.

This is Preacher, named that for non-stop talking, but he was very quiet while here.  He is going to my friends in Michigan.

This is Molly.  Darryll and Norma came to pick her up and foster her in NC.  She will be going to MA to her new home with Andrew.





Midnight is the biggest and was in charge of the pack when abandoned at their home for almost a year.  There were 20 dogs at this home and animal control took all the dogs, except for the chows. This guy will also be living in NJ.

Hard to come up with things to do for two days when confined to the property because of so many chows.  Took walks to the pasture.  I made a big pot of chili and batches of chocolate chip cookies, we sat around and caught up.



The big porch came in handy for nap time.


Preacher, who will also be named Milo.  It was funny that two people picked the same name for their chow.


George found this on his way home.  We all got a good laugh.  I said I could win big money on a bet on this!  I'm sure Kitty his wife would love this to be true! So, needless to say, not a drop of paint was applied to my trim, and I am still cleaning up from the visit.   Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment