Thursday, July 18, 2019

Another Unexpected Guest

Well, as usual, last minute, call Maria!  Fourth of July weekend, rescue finds out Isis is going to be put to sleep over the weekend.  Scramble to find drivers to get her to me as she is five hours away.  We did it!  

Only a year old and super sweet.  I would have kept this one. I changed her name to Persia, thought she needed a prettier name. She knows how to frog leg!

Had her for the week until her foster Misha got back from Wisconsin.  In the meantime, cut about two pounds of mats off her and gave her a bath and brushing.  She is a beauty.





Misha lives on the coast of NC, so I drove 2 1/2 hrs. to Columbia, SC to meet Gina who would drive and meet Misha.  I was only 30 minutes away from Bishopville, SC where the topiary gardens are, something on my to do list.



Pearl Fryar has worked on not only his garden, but others on the same street, one of which I liked more than his and was my favorite.

It's 98 degrees and blistering hot!  Could that be the reason I am the only person seen on this street and in this neighborhood?

That's okay, I am enjoying the gardens.  Gina couldn't go with me, she has Persia and she and Misha are stopping at a shelter to test another chow. Gina lives close enough to come in the fall when the weather will be better.













This is my favorite garden, plain and simple, a small fortune in boxwoods.










So back to my own garden where the boxwoods I have will always be round!

No comments:

Post a Comment