Thursday, August 2, 2018

All Over the Place!

Craziest week ever!!  So much going on, so just threw up some photos of things around here to let you see what is going on.

In the garden, the pumpkins are looking fantastic!  They are porcelain dolls, I saw them last year at the nursery, wasn't going to pay $12 a pumpkin, so grew them myself this year!



YUM!!


Love wild poke berry.  I always think of that time I came home from a trip and Ramon had mashed the berries and had them on his head trying to dye his hair purple. UGH



Down at the farmhouse, the bathroom is waiting for its paint job, but I have not been down there in a week.  You can see in these photos the white paint is going to make a BIG difference.  



The area we cleaned out a few months ago and planted ferns got mulched and looks even better.  Ferns are getting bigger.


The monkey grass I transplanted along the path I re-worked is blooming.





When my torn ligament was painful, I was soaking in the tub every day and watching videos on youtube of how to prune wisteria to get it blooming again.

This is the wisteria after it's first heavy pruning.  I have July-Aug to cut it back the first time, then I prune it back even futher in Jan-Feb, then it should bloom in the spring.

This is a nightmare of a job.  I have so much wisteria that has been growing for decades.  I was happy to know I could just cut it way back.  You can now see through the fence.  I still have a way to go though :(


My suet-eating pileated came back!



Piles of cut wisteria.


This is a "before" picture of the fence line with the wisteria.  I hope to have this all done by the end of the month.  I have to get it pulled down out of trees, especially the dogwoods.




This are has all new wisteria plants growing.  Once I finish the fence line, I need to cut each one of these to make them into "trees" of wisteria.  I don't know that I'm going to live to see the finished product!




These are torenia "Susie Wong" which I named one of my chows after.  A flower I found once and could never find again, searched for years, and finally in a plant forum online I found someone with seed that would grow six plants for me and he was in NC!!

I will now have seed for the rest of my life and have others in the forum writing me asking for seed.  I don't know why growers don't do this one anymore, it's gorgeous.


The hummingbirds really like it.


One of the reasons I'm all over the place this week is we put our boathouse on Airbnb for the Equestrian Games in September, but we are getting renters for August!  Tomorrow we get our first renters through this website, so I have been over at the lake with Bob fixing windows, the shower, cleaning, the list goes on and on.  

I really like the Airbnb site.  They send you photos and bios of your renters.  This is Jayna and her boyfriend and their dog.  All three will be here for the weekend!

Camile and her husband are coming next Friday for one night from Ohio.  They are moving to the area and looking for a home.

This is Julia.  She and her sister are coming from France and are our only renters so far for the World Equestrian Games.

Another thing I have been working on this week is Pooh.  He is a senior with bad vision and hearing who lived his life on a chain, even came to the shelter wearing the chain.  He was to be killed tomorrow, but we have an adopter in Indiana, so I am trying to get him from South Georgia to his new home and that has been taking up a lot of my time . . . but worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment