Monday, October 9, 2017

See Ya Nate!



Lots of water, not much wind, extreme humidity.  No power, roads closed.  Lots of sirens, didn't know a tornado hit down the road.

Didn't know Town of Tryon just down the road got hit with tornado, trees down everywhere.


Some of the store fronts lost their windows. Power out.


Kelly's place, The Toymaker's House, being renovated, had a huge tree come down on it.


I offered the boathouse as a place to stay or store things, she said the lake got hit hard with a tornado, so I made my way over there.



Can't get to boathouse.  Trees and lines down everywhere on the our side of lake.

Some docks are missing.  


I was close enough to walk, but once I saw lines all over the street decided to turn back.




Guess we'll see in a few days if the boathouse got flooded or tree on it.  I was prepared for Irma, took up rugs, put bedposts in plastic containers, brought things in, but Nate was just supposed to be a carwash!




Was told there may not be power for a week or so until all the trees are cleaned up.  So goes storms in the South!

No comments:

Post a Comment