Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Paws Prayers and Promises

Saturday night fundraiser for my friends' rescue at the old train depot in Landrum.


Photo contest and raffle to raise money.


Local vets were the judges for the photo contest.

I met Kelly and Yvonne at P3 Consignments, a shop they run in town, buying the eggs that they raise as a hobby.  Even though they are in cat rescue, we became friends having rescue in common.

They had a beautiful buffet set up.

Bob caught in action at the buffet!

Bob got this photo, but no others!!  Yes, I was captive in the kitchen serving drinks.


Kelly bringing out a birthday cake for Dana, another rescue friend.  She just turned 65.

Dana in pink.  She is such a tomboy, I'm surprised she is wearing pink!

Dana, Kelly and Yvonne with two ladies I don't know.

Next day we were off to the Smoky Mountains to help Carol, another rescue friend.  She lives in Virginia, but was coming to Asheville with Colin for a re-do on his botched amputation.


Colin

Liam


Rowdy



Nice buildings and views along the way.








Tomorrow I'm on my way back to the Smokies to help Carol load the car and dogs.  She has a cracked rib and black eye from a fall, so no photos of Carol.  I thought she was in her 70s, but found out today she is only a few months older than me!  I guess all those decades of eating right and working hard has paid off, they all think I'm a lot younger than I am and need my help.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment